Navigation Systems in Pointman
Designing intuitive guided workflows in the Pointman app so our primary users Customer Service Rep’s and HVAC technicians can work faster and smarter.
- User research, user testing, customer journeys, user flows, personas
- Kurt Stangl, Denise Nadal, David Cloyd
Design Round 1
Our Product Director challenged the UX Team to explore new ways of allowing users to quickly discover common tasks without having to dig through onerous and dated navigation systems.
For our first round, I explored three methods of revealing tasks:
- A classic text index of tasks for technology adverse users.
- A metro grid style to make it easy for users on devices to find and click things.
- A weighted system that increased the prominence of tasks the more that users interacted with those tasks, and slowly hid ones users avoided.